Sta-Bilt Construction Co.,
1339 Nishna Avenue
P.O. Box 151
Stabilization and Recycling
| Seal Coat
| Armor Coat
| Base Stabilization and Recycling
| Micro Surfacing
| Super Patch
|The top 6"-10" of
the base is pulverized, mixed, compacted and recycled into the road
base. Variables in this process include:
- Aggregate gradation and soil composition are
variables that affect the base stability.
- A thorough mixture in the top 6"-10" must
- Adequate drainage must be available.
- Emulsified asphalt increases stability. The
proper percentage of asphalt needed for the proper stability is
determined by laboratory or engineering analysis.
- A 4%-6% asphalt residual in the base has proven to
be very successful for this process.
- The final step in stabilization is the use of a
single or double Seal Coat/ Armor Coat asphaltic overlay.
|For More Information, contact:
Base Stabilization 1
Sta-Bilt Construction Company
1339 Nishna Avenue, P.O. Box 151